I’m planning for a low-key holiday season, stuffed with plenty of Netflix (no-chill), cookies, and the smooth R&B tunes of Ariana Grande’s new Christmas EP. Spending the days with extra-chill vibes, doesn’t mean that my makeup has to be toned down as well. Whether you’re going out or staying in, I hope you enjoy these 2 makeup looks/inspiration that are sure to keep your face fly, festive, and fun.
I can honestly say that I’ve spent the better part of this month searching around for a holiday sweater that was equal part cost effective and cute and mildly tacky. Though I did come across more than a few that I liked, I never got around to actually purchasing one and decided that now was a good time to try my hand at just creating my own!
Happy November everybody! I’m proud to announce that I got to start this month off on a good note with this lovely little nomination from the fabulous Yvonne Ben (if you haven’t checked out her blog, you should check out her blog because its just as fab as she is)!
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 400 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
2. What’s your favorite piece from your wardrobe?
3. What song always puts you in a good mood?
4. Winter or summer?
5. What’s the last good book you’ve read?
6. What’s your second favorite animal?
7. Favorite Disney character?
8. How would you describe your personal style?
9. Do you believe in aliens?
10. What ice cream flavor best describe your blog?
My answers to Yvonne’s questions:
1) What inspires you? A lot of my friends inspire me. I feel like it’s similar to that Jim Rohn quote that talks about how people are the average of the five people they spend the most time with, so I’ve noticed that I pick up a lot of my style interests from various friends I hang out. I’m also really inspired by TV and anime, whether it be from the plot or the work itself.
2) Apple or Pineapples? Pineapples all the way.
3) Three pet peeves of yours? Littering, messy eaters, and people who touch all of the finger food at parties.
4) What’s your best breakfast place? My house. I’ve recently learned how to make french toast and am now overly confident in my breakfast making skills.
5) Your best item of clothing? My brand new American flag sweater! Its one of those pieces that adds flavor to any outfit, which is great when I’m having a lazy day.
6) Success is: being proud of my own accomplishments.
7) Best meal? Buffalo tenders with blue cheese dipping sauce and french fries.
8) First thing that comes to mind when you hear extinct? Dinosaurs and then a little ‘rawr’ sound.
9) When do you feel the happiest? When I’m curled up on my bed watching TV on my laptop.
10) Best quote? “We weep for a bird’s cry but not for a fish’s blood. Blessed are those with a voice.” Its from the second Ghost in the Shell movie, which I had to watch 3 times to actually understand, but this was definitely one of my favorite lines from the film.
Gawr! Yes, I know I was absent for a long time for “mysterious reasons” (that shall remain as such), so I thought I’d post the rest of my art challenge up at the same time. I actually skipped challenge 5 (another collage) and 9 (that was actually a freebie), but I have the rest.
I drew a nice plate of buffalo tenders accompanied by some very attractive blue cheese dip. As you can probably tell, this food is much more textured than I’m used to dealing with (and I still didn’t know how to get the shine of the sauce) and I’m a big fan of spicy food.
I stole one of my dad’s Run DMC plushies for this.
I can’t really draw in the style used by most animators for anime anymore, so I went for a book and drew one of my favorite book characters of all time, Luna Lovegood. She’s a fab character and now I feel tempted to sit around and watch movies 5-7 part 2 because she’s in them (I’d read the books but I don’t own a full set).
I don’t really collage a lot (I’ve probably tried about 5 times in my whole life) nor do I paint that often for one reason: I have an incredibly short attention span. I’m jealous of people who can spend hours or days working on a piece seeing as I feel the itch of restlessness after a mere 45 minutes. Add this in with the fact that I’m not, and most likely never will be, the apt painter that I aspire to be and you have the results of today’s challenge.
And this is the point at which things begin to go a bit downhill. I did these two pieces last night at about 11-ish and ended up hating both of them. Well, actually, I did the first one and decided it looked terrible so I went through the efforts of doing a very rough second one before ultimately coming to the conclusion that this challenge just wasn’t really going to work out well for me. Oh, well. Everyone can’t be a winner.
It is with less than an hour left in day 2 that this piece has come to life. Is it all that great? No. I rushed it and I’m not all that great at “scary” pieces, meaning the closest I could get was a demonic marionette (I actually spent a whole summer drawing and painting those). Hopefully tomorrow’s challenge will be better!
Happy Saturday everyone! A little bit ago (i.e. yesterday) a friend and I decided to do an art challenge over spring break. Rather than sitting at home and being lazy for 9 days, we decided to sit at home, be lazy, and make art for 9 days. In the spirit of the challenge, I decided to post the works I create up for your (the reader’s) viewing pleasure. Now, without further ado, I present to you today’s challenge: Dik-Dik Nation.
*Note: Dik-diks are African antelopes and are quite the adorable creature.
This is part 2!
Hola! Here is the other half of my pictures from my trip! These are all from my last day in which I finally had the opportunity to explore most of the hotel, almost bought some expensive gelato, and came to the realization that my shopping expectations were too high (I’m a picky shopper-my wallet thinks that’s a great trait to have)!
This is part 1!
Hello all! I’m back from my competition (which I lost by the way, but we stopped at Taco Bell on the way back which made us all into winners). As previously mentioned, I have no fancy medals or awards to show you all, but I do come bearing some lovely pictures from the Gaylord Opryland Hotel that smelt like salsa 24/7 and let me live in a few days of rain forest paradise. It was beautiful, the beds were soft, and I was of a country accent-less minority. Enjoy.
Unfortunately, I have no pictures from my hotel room (it began to look pretty terrible after the first 10 minutes of me and my roommates entering it), only the lovely views from the room’s balcony.
*Fun Fact: Everything you guys are seeing in these photos is all indoors. In fact, I took half of these picture when it was raining outside! 🙂